29 August 2011

One Last Date.

I finally arrived home last Monday but before I made the long drive home, I went to Sacramento to spend one last night and day with the manfriend before I don't see him for who knows how long. He's originally from the Sac area (didn't go to my school whatsoever, we met through a mutual friend of his brother and myself) and I'm from Southern California in Long Beach which gives us about a 7 to 8 hour distance - depending on traffic. Anyways...

After work last Saturday (and after going home and quickly packing my car up) I drove to his place and he took me out to a really nice dinner. My boyfriend already knows this, but it doesn't take much to make me happy; he knows that I don't care for gifts or fancy stuff but a good meal definitely makes me happy. Back to the dinner. He took me to this super nice seafood restaurant that's been voted onto the "Best of..." list for three years in a row now at #1. All in all, the food there was BOMB! Our bill was high and right what we expected it to be, but not because individual plates were pricey, it all just added up. It was definitely nice to have a low-key dinner at a quiet restaurant (we were most definitely the youngest people there) and to just chat and sip on some delicious wine.

The rest of my stay consisted of looking at wedding pictures (did I mention that I was in a wedding? More on that later) and hanging out and just laying-low since I didn't want to be running around doing all kinds of stuff if I'm not about to see him in a while. The departure wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be but his mom packed me a bag full of snacks for the drive home and boy, did those ever come in handy. My how I love that woman to bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment