04 September 2011

Baking Out of Boredom.

There comes a time in every girl's life (or I should hope) when she wants to bake - for no reason. That tends to happen to me quite often. I love to cook. By cooking I mean to include anything and everything that encompasses cooking - taking several ingredients and making something out of them.

Since being home there has been little for me to do besides going out and working on my fitness. I no longer have school or a job (womp, womp) to keep me busy so I try to busy myself with catching up with friends or just trying to stay active around the house. Well, that all has gotten old pretty quick and I finally reverted to what I tend to do when I get bored: I bake. I used to do this a lot during college to the benefit of my roommate and boyfriend - who have crazy sweet tooths - so it all worked out for everyone. Such was the case Friday night when I baked a cake. I made a lemon cake with a vanilla bean buttercream and it wasn't too bad. As usual, I try it right after it's done and then I leave it to be at the mercy of everyone else who comes across it to finish it off (as usual, the cake is consumed by someone or more than one someone).

Here's a view of the completed cake:

And then here's a view of the cake after being cut (for those of you who like viewing cakes from the inside):

P.S.- If anyone is interested in the recipe I shall post a link that will help you replicate this in the near future. If it's not here when you are in want of it, please feel free to post a comment and complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment