11 March 2013

Only in America.

Now, before anybody tries to sass me about the post title, when I say "America" I mean the US. America just had a better ring to it.

To the point of the post:

The United States is the so-called "melting pot" and every now and then the proof of it slaps me in the face. Because honestly, where else but in the US can a Guatemalan-American share a fat blunt with her awesome Iraqi-immigrant co-worker?!? I ask you: WHERE?!?!

Probably not top many places, eh...? Well, that's exactly what happened last week. ALWAYS and ONLY after work, he and I hotbox a car and just chill and have nice chats. You might find it odd that we hang out like that because its no secret that's he's a married almost father of four (the last one is still in the oven). That fact makes many forget that he's only 29 so, when you throw that in, it's easier to understand why we get along so well. Anyhow, last week, I needed a ride home and he was kind enough to help a sista out (turns out he doesn't live all that far from me either) and we smoke a blunt on the way home. He's a super cool and chill guy and, as per usual, had me laughing the entire ride home. My favorite is when he talks about his friends/acquaintances because they're all "motherfucker assholes;" while that's not generally funny, the way it sounds with his Arabic accent is quite hilarious. Kinda stoked that I have a new smoking buddy (and a new friend in general) since I don't have many of those here in Sac that aren't by association with the fiancé.

Point of the story? Weed + American + Iraqi + hot boxing = only in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment